Please submit your First and Last Name below as well as select ‘Agree’ to confirm you have read and agreed to the Membership Handbook’s Policies & Procedures.
General Information / Policies & Procedures
Owned and operated by the Town of Sandwich
Director of Golf Operations: John Johnson
Golf Operations Manager: Juliet Swift
Golf Course Superintendent: David Polidor, GCSAA
Head Golf Professional: Tom Tobey, PGA
The following pages are designed to familiarize you with the policies and procedures here at Sandwich Hollows Golf Club. We believe this handbook will make for a better experience here at “The Hollows” by allowing us to better serve you, our member.
If you are not currently on our email list and would like to be, please send your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. This database allows us to communicate with you a variety of information from club happenings to scheduling changes.
Membership Dues Information
Our memberships run on a calendar year basis. This means that as of January 1st, all players who have not renewed their membership status will be subject to the posted rate until they do so.
General Rules & Regulations
- All players must check in at the golf shop prior to teeing off.
- All play begins on the first hole unless permission is given by the golf shop.
- No more than four players per group without permission from the golf shop.
- No more than two carts per group
- Proper attire must be worn at all time (see dress code).
- All alcoholic beverages must be purchased at the Clubhouse Sports Bar & Grille per The Licensing Board of The Town of Sandwich. Sandwich Hollows Golf Club reserves the right to check all coolers at any time.
- Consumption of alcohol in the parking lot is strictly prohibited.
- Players are expected to demonstrate proper etiquette at all times. Loud, vulgar language, throwing of clubs, etc. will not be tolerated. Please remember you are sharing the golf course with other players and show respect at all times.
- Slower players shall allow faster players to “play through” should they fall more than one hole behind the group in front of them.
- All players must have their own bag and clubs. More than one player will not be allowed to play out of the same bag.
- Any group stopping for refreshments after 9 holes will lose their standing on the golf course should they fall out of position regarding the group in front of them.
- Play one ball only. Practicing is not permitted on the golf course. Our practice facilities are available to all players.
- Pets are not allowed inside the clubhouse
- Please be courteous to all guests at Sandwich Hollows Golf Club, including non-golf patrons and members of public play.
- Maintenance crew has the right of way in the morning. Please do not hit in to our staff.
The Clubhouse Sports Bar & Grille
- The food and beverage operation at Sandwich Hollows Golf Club (“The Clubhouse Sports Bar & Grille”) is a separate entity, owned and operated by Mark McGowan.
- To contact Mr. McGowan regarding reservations, functions, etc.: (508) 888-0800 or email@example.com.
- The practice range will be open April through October.
- The hours of operation will mirror those of the golf shop, weather permitting.
- The practice range will be closed for maintenance on Mondays and Fridays between 7:00 and 9:00 a.m.
- Retrieving balls from the “field” is not permitted.
- Hitting your own golf balls is not permitted. Please purchase range balls from the golf shop.
Shop Hours of Operation
April – October: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
November – March: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Hours of operation can change with inclement weather. Please expect frost delays November through March. Pro Shop will be closed if the course is snow-covered. However, the Administrative offices will be open year-round.
Golf Cart Regulations
- Carts are mandatory on weekends & holidays before 1:00 p.m. between March 15th and November 15th.
- All players must pay for their cart rental prior to teeing off.
- Maximum two riders and two bags per cart.
- Operator must have a valid driver’s license.
- Only two carts per a group
- Carts must follow all directional signage on the golf course.
- Operators are responsible for any damage caused by or to the golf cart while it is in their possession.
- Players with physical limitations may request a handicap flag from the golf shop.
- Carts must be returned to the staging area outside of the golf shop immediately upon completion of your round. We ask that you show us this respect/courtesy and not leave the carts “up top” by the 9th green, or out in the parking lot.
- Replay cart fee – 9 Holes ($5), 18 Holes ($10)
- Cart Fees must be paid before teeing off
- Men: Shirts with collars and sleeves, along with slacks or golf short no more than 4 inches above the middle of the knee. Not permitted are tank tops, tee shirts, cut offs, bathing suits, and jogging shorts.
- Women: Slacks, golf shorts, or skirts no more than 4 inches above the middle of the knee.
- Shoes: Golf shoes, sneakers, or street shoes without heels must be worn at all times. Football, soccer, or other spiked shoes not designed for golf are prohibited. Also, the soft spike policy is in effect.
Starting Times & Reservations
- All holidays will be treated the same as a weekend day.
- Members may reserve tee times 30 days in advance. Non-members may reserve times 14 days in advance.
- Players late for their starting time will lose their position on the tee.
- Any group of less than four may be asked to join up with other parties to make a foursome, unless the group pays four greens fees.
- Members are responsible for their reserved tee time(s). We ask that you only reserve the time needed. Players who routinely reserve more time than needed will lose tee-time privileges, and may be subject to the posted rate.
- Any member who books through GolfNow is responsible for paying the published rate and for playing at the reserved time. You may not switch your tee time for an earlier or later time.
Rain Check Policy
- Rain checks may be given out at the discretion of the golf shop staff.
- Any player starting a round in the rain will not be issued a rain check.
- Rain checks will be issued for 18 holes if less than 5 holes are completed. A 9 hole rain check will be issued for those who complete between 5 and 13 holes. More than 13 holes represents a full round.
Competitions & Events
Numerous leagues and events are conducted throughout the season for members’ enjoyment. A full schedule is included at the end of this packet; however we encourage you to check the website and the bulletin board in the golf shop for the most up to date information. When signing up for a Major, please read all information that is posted for each event, (Date, Time, Entry Fees, Formats, Deadlines etc…)
Annual major events include: The Masters, Spring Member-Member, Pro-Member, 3-Man Scramble, Member-Guest, Ladies Invitational, Club Championships (Regular, Junior, & Senior), Fall Member-Member, Member-Member Match Play Championship, 4-Man Scramble, Hollows Ryder Cup, Holiday Invitational, & The Winter Classic.
Tournament schedule is subject to change and cancellations.
All Major Events winners will be determined by a playoff in case of a tie. Places will be determined by the USGA recommendation using the method of matching cards, (Back 9, last six holes, last three holes, last hole).
In addition to the above listed “Major” events, several leagues are conducted throughout the year. These leagues are a bit more informal by nature. Please see the Director of Golf or the Head Professional for more information on the following leagues:
Ladies League: Tuesdays & Thursdays – 8:15 a.m.
Sat / Sun / Holidays – 7:15 a.m.
Seniors League: Monday – Friday except holidays – 7:30 a.m.
Men’s League: Sat / Sun / Holidays – 7:30 a.m.
Red, White & Blue Tees
Quota League: All Day Thursday (Must play with another Quota participant)
Men – White Tees Ladies – Red Tees
Chit Book: All tournament winnings in the form of chits (Black Member Card) are valid only for the current calendar year in which they were received and will not be carried forward. These “chits” can be redeemed for merchandise (cannot be used towards Memberships or Cart Fees). Chits may only be used toward special orders ONLY in the months of July and August.
The deadline for special orders is August 31st.
Fed Ex Points: Fed Ex points is an ongoing point system throughout the season in which points are accumulated by participation and winnings. A member gets 10 points for playing in an event plus whatever prize monies are won in the form of FedEx Points. So if a member wins $30 in shop credit, he would get 30 Fed Ex points, plus 10 points for participation. The person who scores the most FedEx points for the year wins a free membership and the following top ten competitors will qualify to enter into a 9- hole shootout to win a free membership and many other prizes.
Guest Polices: For any member who would like to invite a guest to play in a member-blocked tee time (Ladies, Men’s, Seniors or 12:30 Game), you will be allowed a one-time guest with prior approval from John Johnson, Director of Golf, Juliet Swift, Golf Operations Manager or Head Golf Professional, Tom Tobey. Former members may only play as a guest one time in a blocked tee time during the golf season. If you have an out of town guest who would like to play more than one day you will need prior approval from the above-mentioned representative of the golf course.
GHIN Handicapping System
All competitions at Sandwich Hollows require a valid, established handicap with Sandwich Hollows. The 2019 handicap service fee is $50 per person. Juniors age 17 and under are free.
- Scores must be entered after every round, be it 9 or 18 holes.
- The club professional will post scores from all major tournaments, Men’s Games and 12:30 Game. Players are responsible for posting their own scores from any and all casual rounds.
- Please see the club professional for any questions related to the handicap system.